Work blogger is front page news

In today's Guardian the front page contains direct reference to a well-known British work blogger - Dr John Crippen.

The story relates to the outbreak of Swine flu.

The story itself concerns how the media reports the country to be on high alert, yet no one appears to have communicated this to NHS doctors.

A sample extract:

I have not been "alerted".

None of my partners has been "alerted" either.

There is a general assumption that GPs will already have received definitive guidance from on high.

No such guidance has arrived.

My second patient this morning asked: "My wife and I are going on holiday to Mexico on Saturday. Should we cancel?"

I said that, on balance, I would still go, but I needed to take advice.

As doctors on the front line we need a consensus as to the most sensible advice to give out.

We scheduled an urgent partners' meeting for later in the morning...

See 'Apparently we're on high alert. Nobody alerted me' for more details.

No comments: