Vetting employees through blogs

Today BBC FiveLive took a look at how some employers are starting to vet potential employees through Internet searches, particularly by way of blogs or MySpace.

There is a five minute radio interview that can be accessed here. You may want to listen to it if you have an "on-line life". For more details see a blog posting I did on the subject of "digging for digital dirt" early this year.

I also came across a second blog-related article on the BBC News website.

The article - Voluntary code for blogs 'needed' - suggests blogs and other Internet sites should be covered by a voluntary code of practice similar to that for newspapers in the UK. More evidence that the press are a bit twitchy about the rise and influence of blogs.

2 comments:

Disillusioned and Bored said...

If you feel very strongly about this then add a Voluntary Code Free Zone badge to your site. You can find it here

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure how strongly I feel about the subject because I sense that this is likely to come to nothing. If governments can't regulate the Internet, I don't think journalists will have much chance either.